Sicily map

From Unesco heritage sites, to the celebrations of Holy Week, passing by the most beautiful beaches in the Mediterranean. Sicily offers endless reasons to visit it for the first time and come back again to appreciate each place. Get inspired by our itineraries to plan your next vacation or create your own personalized itinerary with our advice on what to see in each province.

Search
Expand the search area up to
Resize the map
232 Risultati
Refine Search
Ricerca libera
Ricerca per testo
Destinazione
Ricerca per destinazione
Cerca per categoria
Loading

Piazza Fossia is the main square of the village of Savoca and was redesigned and enlarged in the second half of the 1900s. On this occasion it was embellished with the addition, in the center, of a work by the sculptor Giuseppe Mazzullo entitled The Mother.…

The Nino Ucchino Steel Art Gallery is the workshop of Nino Ucchino. The Sicilian artist has become world famous for his statues made of a very unusual material: stainless steel.…

The City Gate marks the beginning of the visit to the village of Savoca and is one of the ancient entrances to the town. In fact, the Normans had a wall built to demarcate Savoca with two different gates.…

The church of San Nicolò in Savoca is one of the most beautiful churches in the town. It houses the precious statue of Santa Lucia, which is carried in procession through the streets of Savoca every year on the second Sunday of August.…

The church of San Michele Arcangelo in Savoca is one of the most beautiful in the city. Built at the beginning of the ninth century and modified in the baroque style in the fifteenth century, it still preserves two splendid portals in Gothic-Sicilian style.…

The Church of Gesù e Maria in Savoca is a 16th century building of which only the outer walls are visible today. It is located near the church of San Michele Arcangelo and the area where a synagogue once stood.…

The Calvary Church in Savoca, although deconsecrated several years ago, remains a very special place…

The Mother Church of Savoca, or Santa Maria in Cielo Assunta, is one of the oldest religious buildings in the village. Built in the Norman period, the church has undergone several interventions over the centuries that have modified its appearance.…

The Ethno-anthropological Museum of Savoca is located near the Church of San Michele Arcangelo and was opened in 2001. The building was built on the ruins of the Renaissance palace of the Trischitta family.…

The house with the medieval bifora is a late medieval building located near the mother church of Savoca. The original building dates back to the 15th century and is often mentioned in local historical texts for its "Greek style".…

Pentefur Castle is located on one of the two hills on which the ancient town of Savoca stands. Over the centuries it has played an important role in the defense of the eastern coast of Sicily.…

The Philharmonic Center of Savoca is located in the former church of the Immaculate Conception. It was built in 1621 by the Conventual Friars of St. Francis.…

Kontiland: artistic Sicily in miniature is an art-historical park located in Rina, a hamlet of the village of Savoca. Officially inaugurated in 2017, it now includes more than 30 full-scale reproductions of some of Sicily's most famous monuments…

The Capuchin Convent of Savoca is one of the most important religious places in the village. Today it is known all over the world because of the so-called Savoca Mummies, which are kept in the basement of the church.…

Bar Vitelli is one of the most iconic places in all of Sicily. Founded in 1963, it gained worldwide fame eight years later when it was chosen to film some scenes from The Godfather…

Bazzina Beach is located in the north-eastern part of Alicudi and is named after the district in which it is located. The best way to get there is by sea, so you will need to either hire a boat or ask a fisherman or skipper at Alicudi harbour to take you.…

The Alicudi Porto beach is the only one on the island that is easily accessible on foot. It is located on the south-east coast and is a pebbly shoreline that runs the entire length of Alicudi.…

Ariadne's Labyrinth is a monumental installation designed by Italo Lanfredini for the Fiumara d'Arte Park. A large door in the shape of a vagina leads to an obligatory path with no possibility of getting lost, at the end of which is an olive tree…

Una curva gettata alle spalle del tempo (A curve thrown at the back of time) is the installation created in 1988 by Paolo Schiavocampo for the Fiumara d'Arte Park. It is a vertical concrete monolith covered with a Corten steel shell.…

La materia poteva non esserci (The matter could not be) is an installation by Sicilian artist Pietro Consagra. Created in 1986 at the request of Antonio Presti, it was the first work to be inaugurated at the Fiumara d'Arte.…

Next to the imposing Cathedral of San Giovanni Battista is the Church of Santa Maria Addolorata of Ragusa. Also called the Church of the Badia or the Church of the Seven Sorrows, it was built in 1795 in neoclassical style…

The Vescovile Schininà Palace is one of the eighteen monuments of Ragusa that are part of the UNESCO site The Late Baroque Towns of the Val di Noto…

The Ear of Dionysius, or Ear of Dionysius, is one of the most famous monuments in Syracuse and all of Sicily. It is one of the artificial caves that are part of the Latomia del Paradiso, an ancient stone quarry used to build the city's monuments during the Greek period.…

The Obsculta Museum is an exhibition space created in 2011 inside the Benedictine convent of the Church of San Giuseppe in Ragusa.…

The Palazzo Nicastro (Nicastro Palace) is an ancient noble palace in Ragusa. It is the second monument you meet, after the church of Santa Maria delle Scale, when you go down the Salita Commendatore…

The Church of San Giuseppe in Ragusa, together with the Cathedral of San Giorgio, is considered one of the highest expressions of Baroque in the city.…

The Church of the Anime Sante del Purgatorio (Holy Souls of Purgatory) in Ragusa is one of the oldest churches in the city.…

The Sortino Trono Palace is one of the noble palaces of Ragusa included in the UNESCO itinerary: Late Baroque Towns of the Val di Noto. It was built in several stages between 1778 and 1793 on the initiative of Don Ignazio Sortino Trono.…

Palazzo La Rocca is one of the aristocratic residences of Ragusa that fall under the Unesco serial site: Late Baroque Towns of the Val di Noto. Its seven sculpted balconies are one of the symbols of the city.…

The Circolo di Conversazione in Ragusa is one of those places in Sicily where time seems to stand still. The most characteristic room is undoubtedly the Hall of Mirrors, with its 19th century furnishings and the predominance of the color red.…

The church of San Francesco all'Immacolata (St. Francis of the Immaculate Conception) is the largest of the churches of Ragusa Ibla, after the Cathedral of San Giorgio.…

The Church of Sant'Agata ai Cappuccini is one of the three churches of the Hyblaean Garden. Originally built in the 16th century, it was rebuilt after being damaged in the Val Di Noto earthquake.…

Palazzo Battaglia Giampiccolo is a noble residence in Ragusa built in the first half of the 18th century. This splendid building is characterized by having two main façades, each one a magnificent expression of the skill of local stonemasons.…

The Hyblaean Garden is a public park located on the eastern outskirts of Ragusa Ibla.  It was created in 1858 on the initiative of three Ragusan noblemen and many inhabitants who decided to participate in the initiative with their own contributions.…

The San Vincenzo Ferreri Auditorium is housed in a former church located inside the Hyblaean Garden. Originally built in 1509, it was renovated and modified after being damaged in the 1693 earthquake.…

The Church of San Giacomo of Ragusa is one of the three churches of the Hyblaean Garden. Built in the 14th century with three naves, the earthquake of 1693 destroyed the two lateral naves.…